Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner 005 Nude


My best secret to looking wide awake (apart from sleep or large amounts of caffeine) is off-white eyeliner. To this very day, I keep one in my handbag, office desk, and makeup table. There are several on the market at a variety of price points. Today, I want to write about one that is incredibly creamy, long wearing, relatively accessible to buy, AND reasonably priced: 005 Nude from Rimmel London. 


It’s not an mechanical pencil. I find it more frustrating to have a mechanical eyeliner that won’t dispense product than to sharpen a standard eyeliner. I can always spray a bit of rubbing alcohol on the sharpener. In a couple of quick turns, it’s ready to go. I’d rather lose a tiny bit of product sharpening than the entire pencil after it breaks.


It’s the particular shade that I simply adore. Regardless of skin tone, this particular matte nude shade can mirror your natural warmth or coolness.  With my deep skin, stark white looks a bit harsh on me. This gives me just a touch of brightness. Additionally, in a pinch, I can rub a bit of the eyeliner onto a paper towel and have it double as concealer!

It’s incredibly creamy. I don’t have to tug at my waterline during application. It glides across in a single, opaque stroke. This is a waterproof formula. It lasts all day. I can strongly attest to that as it survived a few hours of me in a room with two cats (I love cats but sadly I’m allergic to their dander). Yet, I find it does come off rather well at the end of the day. I tend to have more difficulty with my mascara than this eyeliner.

I’m getting all of this for under $7! My beloved Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencils cost $19 each for the same 1.2 grams of product. Though I do adore Urban Decay products (especially their eyeliners), this is just as creamy and long wearing at less than half the price. Additionally, I can pick Rimmel London products up at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. I live a few miles away from a 24 hour Walgreens. That means I can pick another one up at any time I choose. You can’t beat that with a stick. With this level of quality for such a reasonably price with availability to boot, I’m definitely going to have a few of these around.

No comments:

Post a Comment